Hola a todos :)
So I have been here for what...3 weeks now?! I still cant believe it! everything is AMAZING!!! I am so glad that I did this!
The new developments.....well lets see...where to start
we'll start with school...I finally bought a bus card so its cheaper and I dont have to count out my money every time I take the bus...twice a day! I got my schedule and I dont go to school on Fridays, I just tutor that day so Im pretty excited about that! I am teaching a lot this week, which is great because that other girls that are here at different schools havent started yet. The kids and teachers are great- its different than in the US....the kids talk a lot more during class and I think that the teachers have a little less control, but Ill fix that! haha
Living with Teresa is great!!! we are trying to make a menu for the week so that whoever gets home first can start cooking bc we have very different schedules. This weekend we hiked a mountain!!! Her grandmother has a house in the country, on the way to the coast, so her brother, his girlfriend, her father, aunt, uncle, and cousin all went hiking on Saturday. It was quite interesting to say the least! we hiked from 10 am til 7 pm...a little longer than we thought considering we got a little lost and the walkie-talkies only worked in certain places. But besides that and the minor sprained ankle, I got some awesome pictures and it was really a sight to see!
I went to Pilar's house (my Spanish mother) for dinner on Thursday....she has 2 graduate students living with her and I really like them! It was sooo great to see her and she made my favorite dinner....she remembered! I saw pictures from her daughter's wedding, got the scoop on all of the family and she said that we will be seeing a lot of each other so im excited about that!
My tutoring classes with Amalia are awesome so far! I start tutoring the Dean and his wife on Wednesday...Im a little nervous so keep your fingers crossed!!!
But other than that and the burn on my arm from the iron, everything in Spain is wonderful!
How is America?!?! Brian- hows the hs?! Steven- have you written that college essay yet?! Mark I am hearing plans about Florence, but still havent heard anything from you! Michelle, I know that you just had your party and that your varsity game went well- goodluck in the next one and keep up the good work! As for all of you workers- I hope that no one is working too hard and that life is great!
Cant wait to see you all for Christmas!!!!
Update me on your lives and I will write again next week :)
miss and love you all soo much!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Stephanie, it sounds like you are having a great time.....execpt for the minor bodily injuries...ha ha ha. I can't wait to visit and now we guess we might be visiting Mark too!!
ReplyDeleteUncle Artie and I went to Florida last weekend...yeah just for Friday, Saturday and Sunday...but we actually had a great time considering that the other people were all over the age of 70...actually one of his uncles was 83. He was a principal in New York city for 32 years so he had some very funny and interesting stories to tell. The weather was wonderful...widh it was that way here but it would not be New England with out the cold rainy fall. Love your blog, but your mother put a Skype on my computer and when she gets some time she will show me how to use it so we can see you!
Take care....keep up the great tales.....love Auntie Debbie
hii stephhh, im glad you are having a good time, im doing pretty good myself. playing with varsity is okay but i think i will be back on my usual team soon!school is pretty good too... hmmm changing the school a little i see hahaha im sure you will find a way somehow to control the kids well at least i hope so or that wouldnt be to good haha...i see that hiking was fun and that you had a good time i loved the pictures and i hope your ankle is feeling better :( i cant believe you sprained it, hopefully next time the air wont trip you hahaha jk :)... next time you see pilar give her a hola for me if she even remembers me haha im glad you are keeping in touch with her thats good!! Tutoring the dean, way to go stephh, dont be nervous im sure you will do fine trust me i mean and cant be as scary as teaching kids as well they are learning the sames things im sure you will do fine, good luck!! and wait another burn from an iron how clumsy can you be these days ahaha love you jk!! cant wait until christmas!!!
ReplyDeletelove you
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo