Hey guys!
How are you? I hope that things are great in the good ol' US of A!
Things in Spain are awesome!
It has been non stop since I got here and Teresa and I are still getting into the swing of things. We had an interesting experience with the stove- I guess cooking will always be entertaining! We also started the washining machine- with out detergent! needless to say we wont do that again! Teresa lost her keys to her moto so she had to drive all around town- to the mechanic, to her Mom's house, and then back to where she was and they had them there! Its been a crazy week!
I went to a new musuem thats here in Granada and learned all about this region of the country- it was very cool!
We also went to a set of stairs that over looks the entire city and its covered with cool graffitti! If I could figure out how to post pictures you could see them! It was amazing and they paint new things every week!
We went to Malaga, about an hour and 20 mins away to pick up Damien, Teresa's boyfriend, at the airport and before we got him we went to IKEA to get a "few" things for the apartment, which turned into a bunch of things, but we had a blast! That night her brother and his girlfriend joined us for dinner and we all hung around, ate, and played the Beatles rock band version with the wii.....it was funny hearing them try to sing in English! Since my room over looks our terrace and the plaza below, we used the over sized window to create "Steph's BAH", Boston accent style! it was great!
Today was the day to celebrate the virgin Mary. They have processions with a statue of her, bands, food, and everyone from surrounding towns comes here to celebrate. BUT, it rained today, which is wierd for for Granada, so they didnt have it :(
We did go back to Malaga today though. Malaga is right on the coast and the beach is about 200 yards from the city. Its gorgeous. Teresa's aunt has an apartment there that she put up for sale and the guy renting is from England and doesnt speak English so I was the translator! After that got settled we walked around the city, went to the beach, even though it was drizzling, and then ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant!
I am going to school tomorrow to meet the director and hopefully get my schedule before I start on Thursday! I cant wait!
Well thats about all for now.....I hope that everyone was able to join this and can write back bc I cant wait to hear from you! Hopefully by next post Ill be able to add pictures!
Love and miss you tonsssss
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi steph!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you are doing good and like Spain, I knew you would but I hope not to much you better come back in June!! haha just kidding I know you will. School is going pretty good except for the homework I have so much I dont get how Mark never had any haha. Dance is pretty good Debs pretty crazy haha and its a little hard but not to bad. I have a game away today and the varsity is playing after us so we might order pizza to eat while we watch their game, I cant wait for the PIZZA haha. Hockey is good I cant wait for high school to start though. Good luck at work tomorrow, I am sure you will do great. I got to go, Colleen's going to be here to pick me up for school soon I will talk to you later.
Love and Miss you lots
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo